Jesus Took My Wheel

just 10 clicks out of town, I suddenly felt very dizzy and when I was about to pull over , I must have blacked out since the next thing I remember was I looked up to see the big sign for the turn off to a local attraction infront of me and I was still on cruise control at 110km, heading straight for it. I tried to turn the wheel but I felt the van rocking and was worried I would flip so instead of hitting the break I literally just let go of the wheel, crossed my hands infront of my chest and braced for impact since I was sure I was gonna hit the sign at that speed. I closed my eyes and said " God its your turn, I don't know what I'm supposed to do."
What happened was I went full speed into a mud patch 5 - 10 feet infront of the sign and came to an abrubt stop and my body lunged forward in the seat belt, causing my neck to then whip back when the vehicle settled. I opened my eyes and saw the bottom half of the sign right above me (I would have had to crank my neck to see the full sign and I was scared to move my head due to the pain I had on the left side). I hit the hazard lights and called the rcmp (only 911 number that came to mind) who then sent an ambulance as well as patrol cars. An off duty firefighter was one of the first on the scene as well as a man named Brian who said he had been tree planting nearby and saw me go into the ditch. He kept apologizing for getting my phone dirty with his muddy hands as he explained to dispatch where I was located then he called my husband to have him meet me at the hospital. Jason had said he just sent me a text message (wondering where I was and I didnt respond) and then a moment later he was a getting a call that I was in the ditch! These events were totally unrelated but he felt horrible as he drove to the hospital, thinking it was his fault.

I remember slipping in and out of consciousness and I kept asking for my children as I went into shock, thinking they were in the vehicle (they had not been in the vehicle and were safe at home with Jason who was rushing around to find babysitters and using his work truck to get to the hospital). I saw lots of lights including a firetruck and a line up of vehicles from people who had stopped to make sure I was okay . I remember seeing carseats being thrown out of the way as well as a big beach ball that had been in the far back compartment.

they eventually got me out of the van and onto a stretcher and after a lot of x - rays and blood work etc, they sent me home with the only bruise on my hand being from my IV. I did have to hand over my license until we know what is going on via MRI's and CT scans , which was really difficult to do but I'd rather hand that over then the air I'm breathing.

Damage to the vehicle is still to be determined and Jason has some time off work as I heal up from all the sore spots from the tension and shock and I was prescribed some strong pain killers and muscle relaxants. My 17 year old step sister is here to help with the kids and meals etc and homeschooling actually got done today which really impressed me


please pray for peace and healing,

I am scheduled for an urgent MRI this saturday and they also plan to do other tests.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.